The awards recognise and reward the efforts and dedication shown by the catering, conference and events teams at every football and rugby stadium across the UK and Ireland. The Stadium Events & Hospitality Awards 2020 officially opened for entries on 1st October 2019, closing on 30th March 2020, with the results announced at the awards evening on 21st May 2020. Further details on how to enter the awards are available here.
Alastair Young, Head of Sales – Special Occasion Linen, said: “We’re delighted to be able to support the annual Stadium Events and Hospitality awards during this anniversary year. Through our experience of providing our stadium partners with table linen hire, we know just how much hard-work goes on behind-the-scenes in stadium venues to deliver worldclass event experiences. We look forward to helping everyone present celebrate their achievements on the night”
Debbie Rigney, Marketing & PR Manager for Stadium Experience, and Awards Organiser, commented: "This year will be the 15th annual awards event organised by Stadium Experience. We're very excited to have Special Occasion Linen onboard as a brand new category sponsor for 2020. We're truly thankful to all of our kind sponsors for supporting the celebrations, and helping us to recognise and reward the very best stadium venues across the UK and Ireland."
The Stadium Events & Hospitality Awards 2020 will be hosted at Anfield Stadium, home of Liverpool Football Club. Around 500 guests will be welcomed to experience a fine dining five course menu, awards ceremony, followed an after party.
The awards are open to stadia throughout the country the 14 award categories for 2020, include:
- Visiting Football Directors Award (Voted for by visiting directors) – Sponsored by FC Business
- Visiting Rugby Directors Award (Voted for by visiting directors)
- Chef Team of the Year Award (Judged by Salon Culinaire) – Sponsored by Chef Works
- Non-Matchday Mystery Shopper Award (Judged by HGEM)
- Shining Star Award (Judged by panel of industry experts) – Sponsored by Taste Coffee
- Operations Team of the Year Award (Judged by panel of industry experts) – Sponsored by Braehead Foods
- Matchday Sales Team of the Year Award (Judged by panel of industry experts) - Sponsored by Green Gourmet
- Non-Matchday Sales Team of the Year Award (Judged by panel of industry experts) – Sponsored by Special Occasion Linen
- Best Stadium Events Venue Award (Judged by panel of industry experts) – Sponsored by Hi-Impact Media
- NEW – Best Retail Catering Award (Judged by panel of industry experts) - Sponsored by Big Al's
- Matchday Hospitality Awards (Judged by specialist chef & hospitality judges) – Sponsored by Verteda
- Small (up to 1000 hospitality seats)
- Medium (1001 – 2000 hospitality seats)
- Large (2001+ hospitality seats)
- Overall Matchday Hospitality Award (Judged by specialist chef & hospitality judges)
Further information on the 2020 awards, can be found at https://stadiumexperience.com/awards/2020/